Report Builder Glitch

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
mktork

Report Builder Glitch

Post by mktork »

I build a query with three parameters
Heres my code

SELECT "Ticket"."Ticket Number", "Ticket"."Date/Time Entered", "Ticket"."Transferred From", "Ticket"."Airway Bill Number", "Ticket"."Employee", "Ticket"."Shipper", "Ticket"."Shipper Contact", "Ticket"."Description", "Ticket"."Hazmat", "Ticket"."Number of Pieces", "Ticket"."Weight", "Ticket"."Origin", "Ticket"."Destination", "Ticket"."Receiver", "Ticket"."Receiver Contact", "Ticket"."Notes", "Sent"."Weight Sent", "Sent"."Time Entered" FROM { OJ "Ticket" LEFT OUTER JOIN "Sent" ON "Ticket"."Ticket Number" = "Sent"."Ticket Number" } WHERE "Ticket"."Date/Time Entered" BETWEEN :Beginning_Date AND :Ending_Date AND "Ticket"."Receiver" LIKE '%' || :Receiver || '%'

This works fine and so does the report builder except one thing:

What ever I put in for the "Receiver" parameter is what the report shows for the first "Reciever" to meet the parameter.

for instance if I type h

first set has Receiver on the report is h
second set the Receiver is Herbert Johnson
third set Receiver is public school as the receiver (this is fine school has an h in it)

Looks good except thr first set the Receiver is Harry Friend not h

Any Ideas?
openoffice 3.3 runs on microsoft xp
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Report Builder Glitch

Post by RPG »

Hello

When you use the HSQLDB database then you can maybe use a table where you define the data type for ignorecase for that field.

Here you can find the functions for the HSQLDB database
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... _Functions

Maybe this can work for you
Old code

Code: Select all

"Ticket"."Receiver" LIKE '%' || :Receiver || '%'
New code

Code: Select all

upper("Ticket"."Receiver") LIKE '%' || upper( :Receiver ) || '%'
I have not test this for the report builder

And for reason of data security make a backup and don't use a embedded database see left down your window.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
mktork

Post by mktork »

Thank you for the suggestion Romke.

However with the new additions to the code I get the same results.
All my text are ignorecase already and the query produces the correct information.
Only the report has this issue.

FYI my data base is a stand alone system running on MS XP
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

I have no idea more. Only one question did you have test it in a small query with only the test for the parameter. When it is not working with a long query then breaking down the query to little parts is most of the time the best way to find a problem.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

The "Date/Time Entered" field name is could be a problem, try to rename it without slash /, use underscore _ instead. It could cause some problem.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
mktork

Post by mktork »

Thank You r4zoli. However that didn't work either. I disabled SRB and used the wizard. It works fine that way. So it might be a true glitch.

So I have a newbie question in stead. How do I get the Header to only print only on the first page using wizard?