Color Schemes

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
JordonKraft

Color Schemes

Post by JordonKraft »

Version: 2.3.1
Question:
I develop applications using visual studio and it has setting that you can save/load and change for everything. One of the things I change is the color scheme from the default to a dark theme since it is easier on my eyes during the day. With Visual Studio there is a site that you can upload/download color schemes.

I was wondering if there is a similar site for OpenOffice? I did a few google searches but didn't find anything (maybe i can't find the right keyword).

Thanks,
Jordon

P.S. I have created one but i am not sure how to share it with others, maybe I will have to start a thread?
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Color Schemes

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Sorry for the late answer, normally we're quite a bit faster. :roll:

I fear nobody knows a direct answer to your question.

AFAIK, there is no site for OpenOffice to share color schemes or skins.
But generally speaking, this would be possible.

You should find the configuration somewhere in your OpenOffice profile folder (probably some xml file). You could then share this file with others.

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

JordonKraft wrote:I develop applications using visual studio and it has setting that you can save/load and change for everything. One of the things I change is the color scheme from the default to a dark theme since it is easier on my eyes during the day. With Visual Studio there is a site that you can upload/download color schemes.

I was wondering if there is a similar site for OpenOffice? I did a few google searches but didn't find anything (maybe i can't find the right keyword).

Thanks,
Jordon

P.S. I have created one but i am not sure how to share it with others, maybe I will have to start a thread?
I don't know anything about Visual Studio... does it create something that everyone can run, or is it for Windows only, or does it require plugins or addons or software downloads? Is this something that runs from within OOo, or does it run at the OS level or some other way?

There are various places to share code, perhaps depending on what it is you're sharing. In this message board, there are the Code Snippets and Macros and UNO API forums. There is an Extensions repository (see the Extension submission link near the bottom of the page), and there's the OpenOffice.org wiki where you might find several ways to share it. You could also check out the Projects pages at OpenOffice.org.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
JordonKraft

Post by JordonKraft »

foxcole,

Visual studio saves your settings in a XML file, you can then save sections of the file (sort of like a output) in a .vssettings file. So you cna share just your "Color Scheme", there is a "Hot or Not" site for Visual Studio IDE's. So everyone can share and load these files and apply other peoples color schemes really easily. I was wondering if someone has done the same thing with Open office stuff or figured out how to save/load settings. Since I would like to be able to back it up and then load it later if my machine crashes (it happened recently and setting all the settings again really sucked).

I did look through the wiki but there was very little data. Maybe I will try figuring it out and contribute.

Jordon