Migration: OOo web site comes to Apache servers

Talk about anything at all....
RGB

Migration: OOo web site comes to Apache servers

Post by RGB »

Dave Fisher published this on the AOO-deb mailing list today:
We are ready to switchover www.openoffice.org and related *.openoffice.org subdomains to the website as hosted at ooo-site.apache.org.

There is now a site google search and Teams is changed to Focus. I have made changes to the podling site in preparation.

The only real hole is that there are no Community FAQs. There should be Community FAQs!

I did add news about the migration and also the announce mailing list to the main news at http://ooo-site.apache.org/

There are certainly several tweaks that could be made to the website. Feel free.

Unless there are reasonable objections, Joe plans to start the DNS IP changes for *.openoffice.org in 24 hours.

Regards,
Dave
So it seems that tomorrow the project will have the new web site up and running.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
vea1083

Re: Migration: OOo web site comes to Apache servers

Post by vea1083 »

It seems that the migration has taken place as of 13:46 EST (Eastern Standard Time, U.S. Eastern). The openoffice.org domain is redirecting me to the Apache OpenOffice.org site.
Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 for OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 for Windows (XP SP3)
gerard24
Volunteer

Post by gerard24 »

Hope this solved the Extensions' site problems.
LibreOffice 6.4.5 on Windows 10
RGB

Post by RGB »

gerard24 wrote:Hope this solved the Extensions' site problems.
The extensions and templates site is hosted on a third party site. People are working to solve the problem, but I do not know the steps nor the time line.

BTW, as vea1083 commented, the site was migrated and it is up and running right now!!
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice