ErrorCodeIOException with DocumentConverter example

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
asolodin

ErrorCodeIOException with DocumentConverter example

Post by asolodin »

Hello, I am investigating OO as a candidate for a document conversion engine. I have a directory full of files in various formats, primarily MS Word docx and WordPerfect wpd. The goal is to convert all of them to HTML. So I see there is a Java class in the SDK examples that does exactly this. I have installed and configiured the SDK per docs. My problem is that upon executing the DocumentConverter for the first time, the document conversion starts failing with:

com.sun.star.task.ErrorCodeIOException:
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.remoteUnoRequestRaisedException(Job.java:177)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.Job.execute(Job.java:143)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:335)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JobQueue.enter(JobQueue.java:304)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.environments.remote.JavaThreadPool.enter(JavaThreadPool.java:91)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.java_remote_bridge.sendRequest(java_remote_bridge.java:639)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.request(ProxyFactory.java:151)
at com.sun.star.lib.uno.bridges.java_remote.ProxyFactory$Handler.invoke(ProxyFactory.java:133)
at $Proxy5.storeAsURL(Unknown Source)
at DocumentConverter.traverse(DocumentConverter.java:137)
at DocumentConverter.main(DocumentConverter.java:217)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at com.sun.star.lib.loader.Loader.main(Loader.java:138)

This happens for a several documents in a row, until one document succeeds. After this one success, every conversion is successful. Even If I rerun the conversion command, all the conversions work. However, if I do a "killall soffice", the problem recurs. I have also noticed the following messages in ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/temp/document_io_logring.txt :

330m20(Build:9567)
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx: :2711;
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx: :2797; Rethrow
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx: :2711;
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx: :2797; Rethrow
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/sfx2/source/doc/sfxbasemodel.cxx: :1628; storeAsURL
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/sfx2/source/doc/objstor.cxx: :2744;
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/sfx2/source/doc/objmisc.cxx: :296; Resetting Error.
/builddir/build/BUILD/OOO330_m20/sfx2/source/doc/sfxbasemodel.cxx: :2853; Storing failed!

This is how I execute the example:
java -jar /usr/lib64/openoffice.org/basis3.3/sdk/output/openoffice.org3.3_sdk/LINUXexample.out/class/JavaDocumentHandlingExamples/DocumentConverter.jar "/tmp/Docexamples" "swriter: HTML (StarWriter)" "html" "/tmp/conv"

Any ideas?
Thanks
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lock 12 year old topic with no replies
Fedora Core 14 Linux 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64, Open Office 3.3.0 OOO330m20 (Build: 9567)
citywalk

Re: ErrorCodeIOException with DocumentConverter example

Post by citywalk »

I have the same error please help me
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows 7