[Solved] Another questionable user

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
acknak

[Solved] Another questionable user

Post by acknak »

Just FYI...

Based on a couple of near-nonsense (to me at least) posts, I started to move all posts for
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... le&u=49615
to the Quarantine area and banned the user.

But then I see he has one post that looks completely legitimate: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 90#p213990
So, I left that one and un-banned the user name.

I've sent a pm; waiting for a response.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RGB

Re: Another questionable user

Post by RGB »

Just a general question. This thread and a previous one deal with particular users, give links to their user profiles and talk about banning and so on.

I think that this kind of threads can be considered as containing "sensible material" in the form of "user data": we do not need to exaggerate on the "make all public" mantra because talking about specific actions against specific users that breaks forum rules are perfect candidates for the forum's private area.

After all, the use of the private area was in the proposal for the migration...

The risk I can see here is to start talking about a user in public, exposing him/her to common attention and then discover (too late) that everything was a big misunderstanding...

Just my 2 ¢
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
acknak

Post by acknak »

Oops--I thought this was the private forum :oops:

However, my feeling is that a user's status can be a public discussion, since we're discussing nothing except what the user has already made public, and the user's identity is still completely anonymous.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

acknak wrote:my feeling is that a user's status can be a public discussion, since we're discussing nothing except what the user has already made public, and the user's identity is still completely anonymous.
+1. There is no specific sensitive data/opinion here (the only point is that standard users can't access the Quarantine forum).

I feel exactly like acknak too and I admit that in fact I did nothing, waiting if there would be another reaction from a moderator/Volunteer...
Let's wait for a reply to acknak's PM.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10