How to paste link for graph from Calc to Impress

Discuss the presentation application
eko.sanjoyo

How to paste link for graph from Calc to Impress

Post by eko.sanjoyo »

I am a newbie in OpenOffice. How to paste link for graph from Calc to Impress? So that when I update Calc spreadsheet data, the graph in calc and impress are going to be automatically updated. I just want to paste the graph not the spreadsheet. Thanks.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Ubuntu 11.10
acknak

Re: How to paste link for graph from Calc to Impress

Post by acknak »

Hi & welcome to the Community Forum!

Sorry, but I don't think there's any way to do that. You can insert a chart in a presentation as an embedded object, but it will have it's own local data table, which is not updated from the spreadsheet.

Maybe someone else has a suggestion for getting a "live" chart?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
eko.sanjoyo

Post by eko.sanjoyo »

I used to use MS Excel and MS Powerpoint to do my job, but now I switched to Linux and OpenOffice. I have lots of data in Calc and I need to make graphs from these data in Calc. Then, I need to make presentations with Impress which include these graphs in my presentations. I need these graphs in my presentations updated as I update the spreadsheet in Calc.

In Excel and Powerpoint, I made the spreadsheets in Excel first, then I created graphs based on the data in the spreadsheets, also in Excel, then I copied these graphs and used "Paste Special" in Powerpoint to paste my graphs into my presentations. The graphs in my presentations were automatically updated as I updated the data in Excel.

How to do it in Calc and Impress? Thanks.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Ubuntu 11.10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS