OOo crashes when saving

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
aesther

OOo crashes when saving

Post by aesther »

I've read several other threads and tried the suggestions, but I just can't get OO to save anything.

Here's what happens:

I open a document (OO native format) from anywhere: desktop, remote server, USB hard disk
The document opens and I can edit text/cells/etc.
When I go to "Save As" it crashes instantly. I get the spinning wheel of death for 10+ minutes until I can't take it any more and force quit.

After I deleted my user profile and turned off auto updating
Now I can get to the save dialog, but if I want to save anywhere other than whatever folder OO happens to currently be in (Documents), it crashes, in the same manner as described above. I can save the document, but only in the documents folder, and not consistently. It will still crash once in a while.

OO was working just fine for me up until about two months ago. After I updated to Lion it seemed to start doing some funny things (crashing every now and again), and then after a few weeks of having Lion, it started doing this.

Basically, OO is useless for me right now which is frustrating because it is deployed system-wide at work, and everything I get is in OD format.

HELP!
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on MacBook Air 11" running OSX 10.7.2
JohnanVal

Re: OOo crashes when saving

Post by JohnanVal »

I am running 10.7.2, but I dropped OOo almost a year ago.
Delete OOo in it's entirety and install Libre Office 3.4.4
You will it find much more stable and the updates are more frequent.

Tink.
LOo 3.4.4 on Mac OSx Lion