[Solved] How to superimpose a grid over a picture

Discuss the drawing application
KENKORTH

[Solved] How to superimpose a grid over a picture

Post by KENKORTH »

I AM TRYING TO PUT A CLEARLY VISIBLE GRID OVER A PICTURE. I WANT THE GRID TO BE CLEARLY VISIBLE. I HAVE GONE TO GRID AND GOTTEN A DOTTED LINE GRID THAT IS BARELY VISIBLE BUT DO NOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO MAKE ONE THAT IS VISIBLE. AM I IN THE WRONG PLACE HERE OR DO I EVEN HAVE THAT CAPABILITY? I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN THIS PROCESS. CAN ANYONE CAN DIRECT ME IN THE PROPER DIRECTION ? THANKS, KEN
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
acknak

Re: HOW TO SUPERIMOPSE A GRID OVER A PICTURE

Post by acknak »

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want the grid to be part of your drawing, or do you only need the grid to help you create the drawing?

There is very little you can do to make the built-in grid (View > Grid > Display Grid) easier to see.

If possible, please don't write your message in ALL CAPS.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Mondainai

Post by Mondainai »

You can make around it by opening a new layer and design your own grid with lines as wide and colorful as you like them, (just make one line and then use Shift+F3 to make many). Remember to lock the layer so that you don't affect the grid when working with your drawing.

I have made my own hexagonal grid. If someone wants, tell me where to send it or upload it. :)
acknak

Post by acknak »

Nice!

You can attach files up to 128M to a forum post.

If you want to post it here, I would suggest that you start a new thread with your document attached and include a short description of how to use your grid.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
bteck

Post by bteck »

You can make the grids visible in front of your drawing objects:
1. move your mouse to an empty space in your drawing
2. right click to get a pop up menu
3. select [Grid]>[Grid to Front]