[Solved] LibreOffice will not start < JRE 'defective'

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
kingfisher
Volunteer

[Solved] LibreOffice will not start < JRE 'defective'

Post by kingfisher »

Hello. I have just reinstalled LibreOffice 3.4.1 on another system. I cannot launch any application because the JRE is 'defective'.

I have checked with java.com which confirms that I have the latest version of java. My distro's package manager says the same.

I do not have the same problem with OpenOffice although I was getting a similar message yesterday when I tried to use any tool which required Java. The 'fault' did not prevent me from launching an application or using OpenOffice otherwise.

I would appreciate any help.
Last edited by kingfisher on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Safway
Volunteer

Re: LibreOffice will not start < JRE 'defective'

Post by Safway »

Does downgrading your Java version help? As of this moment in time, LibreOffice will only work with jre version 6x. The newest version (Java 7) does not at this time work with LibreOffice.
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: LibreOffice will not start < JRE 'defective'

Post by kingfisher »

Thank you for replying. My Java version is 6x.

It has been suggested to me that re-booting that system may be all that is required. If that doesn't work I'll try a new profile. And if that doesn't work, I may update the software.
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: [SOLVED] LibreOffice will not start < JRE 'defective'

Post by kingfisher »

Re-booting fixed the problem.