Quickstarter grays out "Open Document" after first use

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
bensode

Quickstarter grays out "Open Document" after first use

Post by bensode »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OpenOffice.org = 2.3.0
Operating System (version) = Ubuntu 7.10 64bit

When using the OpenOffice.org 2.3 Quickstarter I lose the ability to select "Open Document" after the first use. After I select that option the first time, subsequent use of the Quickstarter "Open Document" are grayed out. The only way to get it working again is to disable it from the tray, then re-enable it through Tools -> Options -> Memory.
--
Bensode
Hagar Delest

Re: Quickstarter grays out "Open Document" after first use

Post by Hagar Delest »

This kind of bug is the reason why it has been removed from the official (Sun's) version. Do you really need it? Even under Windows, I've found that's not so useful if your machine is not too old.

NB: I move your thread to the Linux forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bensode

Post by bensode »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:This kind of bug is the reason why it has been removed from the official (Sun's) version. Do you really need it? Even under Windows, I've found that's not so useful if your machine is not too old.
Not an issue of need as far as system resources go, so no. What makes it useful for me is having a single right-click on my panel to access all 5 apps rather than clutter with multiple launchers or hunt and peck through menus on the Applications bar. I have a pretty busy desktop with dual screens. I guess I could make panel-drawer to perform the same task but being a creature of habit this was rather handy for me when I "discovered" it along with Gnome-RDP. Love right-click context menus ever since my days with Blackbox and Windowmaker ... :geek:
--
Bensode
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I understand.

As a workaround, you can have a single shorcut to soffice, it will open the OOo interface without any document. Creating a file is 2 additional clicks away.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10