Why two OOo forums?

Talk about anything at all....
sprokofiev

Why two OOo forums?

Post by sprokofiev »

There are two OOo forums--this "OpenOffice.org Community forum" and the "OpenOffice.org Forum". Can someone explain to me why this is? Is there a turf war? Is there a difference in emphasis? Is there a transition from one forum to the other? If I want to ask a question or post a macro, should I do so on both forums?
OOo Version 3.3, Windows XP
MrProgrammer

Re: Why two OOo forums?

Post by MrProgrammer »

sprokofiev wrote:There are two OOo forums--this "OpenOffice.org Community forum" and the "OpenOffice.org Forum". Can someone explain to me why this is? Is there a turf war? Is there a difference in emphasis? Is there a transition from one forum to the other?
See What is the difference between these OOo forums?.
sprokofiev wrote:If I want to ask a question or post a macro, should I do so on both forums?
Some people would consider it rude to post the same question on both forums. Other's think it's OK. The rules in this forum (No multi- or cross-posting) prohibit duplicate questions in different sections of this forum. It might be appropriate to post on the other forum if there's no response here after a suitable period of time. But many people work on both forums and cross-posts are sometimes flagged with "also on here".

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
gerard24
Volunteer

Post by gerard24 »

Like this : Also in here. :lol:
LibreOffice 6.4.5 on Windows 10
sprokofiev

Post by sprokofiev »

Thank you all for your quick responses, both "here" and at the other "here". I especially enjoyed reading over the long thread on cross-posting and the many other aspects that were discussed.
OOo Version 3.3, Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

oooforum receives more spam than anything else. Thanks to the moderators, most of the trash is removed sooner or later. The moderators are so occupied with this task that they do not find much time to answer questions. Too many of the legitimate topics are badly founded. The initial posters do not reveal office version nor operating system. The overall "quality of requests" is much lower and redundancy is much higher than in this place. Just look at the macro forum where the same handful of contributors as in 2004 answers a few substantial requests. Most topics remain unanswered. The snippets forum is flooded with silly requests ("I need a macro ..."). The loudest request in the Calc forum is about "finding someone to write the right macros so this program works for me without the effort of using it".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice