[Solved] Objection to some active topics moved to archive

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
floris v
Volunteer

[Solved] Objection to some active topics moved to archive

Post by floris v »

For instance the discussion about the Vietnamese forum - I can't reply in a topic that I started. But if TerryE or any other admin still wants to reply in it, so that it's really still open, I feel that the topic should be moved to a more accessible location.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Re: Objection to some active topics moved to archive

Post by Hagar Delest »

Agreed.
I've moved it in this Forum Governance section.

I had moved plenty of topics that ought to be public here but the idea hasn't got any consensus so I've moved them back in the archives. So they will be moved at the Volunteers request (one by one).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

One (probably trivial) comment. Making this public is advertising the fact that the Vietnamese forum is good ground for spammers.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

If a forum hasn't the manpower/critical mass to keep it clean, then it means that it is not viable at all. This kind of discussion should be public so that there is no issue raised about the closure of a forum if it happens. And perhaps it will encourage people to take care of the problem.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10