Blank business card template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
ajwinn

Blank business card template

Post by ajwinn »

I use business card stock for lots of things and would like a blank template -- without all the field delineations. Is this available anywhere?
acknak

Re: blank business card template

Post by acknak »

Just go through FIle > New > Business Cards and select your sheet stock, then delete whatever you don't want. Save the blank as a template (File > Templates > Save) and you can use that to make whatever you want: File > New > Templates and Documents.

That will always assume that you want to make a sheet of cards, all of which are identical to the first one (i.e. the top left). If that's not the case, then unselect the "Synchronize contents" option in the business card dialog.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
nelson877

Re: Blank business card template

Post by nelson877 »

Thanks acknak, this is a cool feature that I was struggling with. The only hard part now is cutting the cards.

nelson877
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
yonime

Post by yonime »

acknak, what do you mean "delete whatever you don't want"? How do you delete what's in a template? Do you mean template as you only mention selecting sheet stock? Please go step by step assuming the reader doesn't know as much as you do.

Thanks
OpenOffice 3.6.2.2 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Whatever = the content, so it means the fields, ... Open a template and you'll see.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

yonime wrote:acknak, what do you mean "delete whatever you don't want"? ...
I think if you'll just try it, it will be clear. The wizard merely helps to create a normal Writer document, so once the wizard finishes, you can edit that (delete or add) however you like.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23