[Issue] Upgrading LO disables spell check

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
floris v
Volunteer

[Issue] Upgrading LO disables spell check

Post by floris v »

I found that all items in Available language modules in the LO 3.4.3 Language options had disappeared so I had to reset my user profile again. Is this just happening to me, or is it "normal behaviour"?
Last edited by floris v on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Installing LO 3.4.3 corrupts user profile

Post by Villeroy »

I run 3.3.4 and 3.4.3 on the same machine, sharing the same profile and without trouble.
Which language options disappeared?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

The whole set in the top section - with hunspell and thesaurus. In fact, every time I install a new version of LO I have to uninstall the earlier version before installing the new one or there'll be some corruption - either the dictionaries aren't recognised or something else goes wrong.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

If you are upgrading there is a known bug that has yet to be fixed that causes spell check not to work.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
floris v
Volunteer

Re: [Issue] Upgrading LO disables spell check

Post by floris v »

Thank you, tagged as issue and adjusted title.
Nederlandstalig forum
franx
Volunteer

Re: [Issue] Upgrading LO disables spell check

Post by franx »

LibreOffice 4.0.4 · WinXP