Stuck on 'restore windows'

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
dundalk03

Stuck on 'restore windows'

Post by dundalk03 »

Hi all,
I've been stuck on the 'restore all windows' error message for weeks. Whether I hit do not restore or restore, it does NOTHING. The message stays there.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the message always comes back.

I'm on OS X 10.7.1
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on MacOS 10.7.1
Hagar Delest

Re: stuck on 'restore windows'

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try to reset your OOo user profile but don't transfer your personal data during the welcome process (if you had 2.x before), configuration files from the former version might corrupt the new profile.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: Stuck on 'restore windows'

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

This may be caused by a new "feature" (Resume) in Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). If so see solution by GRMrGecko in Mac OS X Lion OOo 3.3.0 Restoring Windows Error or Fixing Restore Windows Bug in Lion.

If your problem is caused by Lion attempting to reopen previous OOo windows, nothing you do with OOo will make any difference. Uninstalling/reinstalling will not help. Resetting the user profile is not needed. You must clear Lion's resume information as explained by GRMrGecko. To learn more about this "feature" and how you might be able to control or disable it, go to MacOSxHints Forum → Search and search for keywords Lion and Resume.

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
tzampogna

Re: Stuck on 'restore windows'

Post by tzampogna »

The workarounds above weren't working for me for OS X Lion 10.7.2. I had to remove the Saved Application State. This link describes how to do that: http://tonyzampogna.com/2012/01/07/open ... ows-popup/
Mac OSX 10.7.2
OpenOffice Version 3.3.0