Review of long thread impossible when replying

Let us know how we are doing -
huw
Volunteer

Review of long thread impossible when replying

Post by huw »

When replying to a post in a long thread, it is not possible to review the entire thread without right-click opening it in a new tab/window. The scrollable "TOPIC REVIEW" pane only shows the last full page worth of posts, and the "EXPAND VIEW" link only makes the view pane bigger. Am I the only one to find this inconvenient?
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Review of long thread impossible when replying

Post by floris v »

No. But it's normal for forums. In some other forums you're lucky if you can view the most recent five or six posts. Don't forget that in most cases you respond only to the most recent posts anyway.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

When replying to a long thread, hold down shift as you click on reply to open the reply form in a new tab.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

Thanks, but that's pretty much the same as opening the original thread in another window after starting a reply, and still only shows a page at a time.

I often scroll the review window so I can see a certain bit of text whilst I compose part of my reply, then scroll to another bit, etc. Swapping repeatedly back and forth between two tabs/windows (and clicking through to the various pages) is not as comfortable or quick as glancing down & back up again.

A "View whole thread in one window" link would be a reasonable compromise, but don't worry, I can live with it as things are.