Templates for report builder

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
jmeyers

Templates for report builder

Post by jmeyers »

Hi,
So i have a database from which i'm generating maybe 10 reports. They all need to have the same header and footer.
I've found hints about a template capability, first in the wizard's last page, where only 'default' is available, and second in the help file, but i can't find anything about how to create these templates, add them to the wizard's list, or apply them manually in design view. how do i do that, or am i imagining this functionality exists? thanks.

-Jason
Openoffice 3.3 on Windows 7
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Templates for report builder

Post by r4zoli »

This is not supported in the present versions (ORB 1.2.x).
You can create your "template" in design view and use as start of new report, only manually creating copy.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
sl8rj

Post by sl8rj »

How do you do that? I am trying to create this "template" report.

I have information which is updated daily. It needs to go into the same report format. My problem is every time I have new data, I have to create a new table, which means I have to create a new report. There has to be a simple solution for this.
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows 7
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

Right click on existing report, select copy, move mouse to empty place, out of report name.
Right click on empty place within report pane, select Paste, add new name, and OK.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin