Section in Writer and Base

Discuss the word processor
giugio

Section in Writer and Base

Post by giugio »

Hy.
What is a section in writer?
How work with section?
Is possible to link with a column of a base table?
Thanks.
Hagar Delest

Re: section in writer and base

Post by Hagar Delest »

OOo Help file wrote:Sections are named blocks of text, including graphics or objects, that you can use in a number of ways:
To prevent text from being edited.
To show or hide text.
To reuse text and graphics from other OpenOffice.org documents.
To insert sections of text that uses a different column layout than the current page style.
A section contains at least one paragraph. When you select a text and create a section, a paragraph break is automatically inserted at the end of the text.
You can insert sections from a text document, or an entire text document as a section into another text document. You can also insert sections from a text document as links in another text document, or in the same document.

To insert a new paragraph immediately before or after a section, click in front or behind the section, and then press Alt+Enter.
For your Base table, try to copy and paste as DDE Link if it's possible.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
giugio

Post by giugio »

sorry , but what is DDE link?
I would to insert a database field(column in table).
The dde link do that?
And if i use the report wizard in base it create a write document with the field that i select in the options of the wizard , but the field if i open the write document generated in modify structure it isn't a textbox, what is?
Thanks a lot
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

That's what I thought, you need to use the wizard and the fields, not a DDE link. DDE link is used for Calc data to be put in a Writer document keeping the link so that the modifications made in the spreadsheet are updated in the Writer document afterwards.

If you need the field to be in a textbox, I don't know if it's possible, wait for the Base guru to come in. Or better, ask your question in the Base forum (give as much detail as possible) and mark this thread as Solved (regarding sections).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10