OO 2.4.0 does not build

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
ftwilliam

OO 2.4.0 does not build

Post by ftwilliam »

I am trying to build OO 2.4.0 but after about 5 hours it stops with an error whild making some plugin.

I used the following option configure option:
./configure --prefix=/opt/openoffice-2.4.0 --disable-epm --disable-odk --disable-qadevooo --disable-fontooo --enable-libart --enable-cairo --disable-gnome-vfs --enable-build-mozilla --disable-binfilter --disable-pam --without-fonts --disable-ldap --with-package-format=native --with-system-stdlibs --without-system-jars --with-system-libxslt --with-system-zlib --with-system-expat --with-system-freetype --with-system-xrender-headers --with-system-libxml --with-use-shell=bash --without-java

And here is what I get:
-------------
/tmp/OOH680_m12/extensions/source/plugin/util
------------------------------
Making: ../../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libpl680li.so
g++ -Wl,-z,noexecstack -Wl,-z,combreloc -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-zdynsort -Wl,-rpath,'$ORIGIN:$ORIGIN/../ure-link/lib' -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--version-script ../../../unxlngi6.pro/misc/exports_pl680li.map -L../../../unxlngi6.pro/lib -L../lib -L/tmp/OOH680_m12/solenv/unxlngi6/lib -L/tmp/OOH680_m12/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/lib -L/tmp/OOH680_m12/solenv/unxlngi6/lib -LNO_JAVA_HOME/lib -LNO_JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386 -LNO_JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/client -LNO_JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/native_threads -L/usr/lib ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/pl_dflt_version.o -o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libpl680li.so ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/plctrl.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/service.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/xplugin.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/nfuncs.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/manager.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/context.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/evtlstnr.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/plcom.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/multiplx.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/plmodel.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/nppapi.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/sysplug.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/mediator.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/plugcon.o ../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/unxmgr.o -ltk680li -lvcl680li -lsvl680li -ltl680li -lvos3gcc3 -lucbhelper4gcc3 -luno_cppuhelpergcc3 -luno_cppu -luno_sal -lX11 -lXext -ldl -lpthread -lm -Wl,-Bdynamic -lstlport_gcc
../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/nfuncs.o:(.data.rel+0x34): undefined reference to `NPN_GetJavaEnv'
../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/nfuncs.o:(.data.rel+0x38): undefined reference to `NPN_GetJavaPeer'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dmake: Error code 1, while making '../../../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libpl680li.so'
---* tg_merge.mk *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /tmp/OOH680_m12/extensions/source/plugin/util
dmake: Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
---* *---

Can somebody help me figure out what is going on?
Hagar Delest

Re: OO 2.4.0 does not build

Post by Hagar Delest »

What distro?
Do you rally need to build OOo? Can't you install through the packages (.deb or .rpm)?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

This is a users' forum. It is conceivable that you might get help on the dev mailing list.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

On Fedora 7 with OOo 2.4.0 I had the same error. IIRC, I resolved it either by doing a "dmake clean" (because I changed the configure options halfway through) or by enabling Java with a specific path to the GNU/GCC Java. I can see in your options you disable Java (which I think I had from the start), but the error is Java related.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP