[Solved] Combining a hyperlink and macro in Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
LVtweety

[Solved] Combining a hyperlink and macro in Calc

Post by LVtweety »

Hi. I have a multi sheet spread sheet (Jan through Dec) and a sheet that has my check register. I want to be able to click on the cell that contains the payment method and have it go directly to the cell on my check register. I have tried so many ways and it will not work. It takes me to the check register sheet but not the exact cell. Would someone please help. I have tried to combine a hyperlink and a macro - but I guess I do not know how to do that! Thanks

LVTweety
Last edited by TheGurkha on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved]
Open Office Version 3.3.0
Windows Vista/Windows 7
Charlie Young
Volunteer

Re: COMBINING A HYPERLINK AND MACRO IN CALC

Post by Charlie Young »

LVtweety wrote:Hi. I have a multi sheet spread sheet (Jan through Dec) and a sheet that has my check register. I want to be able to click on the cell that contains the payment method and have it go directly to the cell on my check register. I have tried so many ways and it will not work. It takes me to the check register sheet but not the exact cell. Would someone please help. I have tried to combine a hyperlink and a macro - but I guess I do not know how to do that! Thanks

LVTweety
If you are trying to use Insert > Hyperlink from the menu, to go to a specific cell you need to name it with Insert > Names, then the name will be presented as a possible "Target in Document."

It's probably better to use the HYPERLINK function here. To go to Cell A1 on Sheet1, it's just

Code: Select all

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet1.A1";"Goto A1 on Sheet1")
where the display text is quite arbitrary.

If you want to run a macro with HYPERLINK, it goes like

Code: Select all

=HYPERLINK("vnd.sun.star.script:standard.module1.MacroName?language=Basic&location=document";"Run Macro")
Again, the display text "Run Macro" is independent of the macro name, though it is fussy about case to a certain extent, it doesn't like "basic" instead of Basic, for example.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows XP
LVtweety

Post by LVtweety »

Thank you I will try that right now!
Open Office Version 3.3.0
Windows Vista/Windows 7
LVtweety

Post by LVtweety »

Thank you! It worked!! Thanks for your help