Font stripping ITC - wrong formatting copy paste filemaker

Discuss the word processor
cateringtraveller

Font stripping ITC - wrong formatting copy paste filemaker

Post by cateringtraveller »

Dear Forum,

currently I am stuck doing the following:

My CI font is ITC Avantgarde. In my formatted writer document a paragraph shows as "Avantgarde LT...".
Since my workflow requires a lot of copying back and forth from our filemaker database, I pre formatted
the text in filemaker with the font. When I drag and drop or copy paste from filemaker, the font
shows as ITC Avantgarde Gothic LT, thus I have to reformat the text which is very cumbersome, especially with
large portions of text.

I read in the forum that this used to be a bug in former versions, where OpenOffice would strip the ITC from
the font.

How can I solve my problem and make open office either understand the text pasted is in fact Avantgarde
or make it display the current formatting as ITC?

Thank you
OpenOffice 3.3
Mac OSX Snow Leopard, Lion
Hagar Delest

Re: Font stripping ITC - wrong formatting copy paste filemak

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Better avoid such drag and drop or copy-paste. Paste as unformatted text (long click on the paste icon or click its little arrow). Then customize the paragraph style in OOo to set the correct font.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
cateringtraveller

Re: Font stripping ITC - wrong formatting copy paste filemak

Post by cateringtraveller »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!
Better avoid such drag and drop or copy-paste. Paste as unformatted text (long click on the paste icon or click its little arrow). Then customize the paragraph style in OOo to set the correct font.
Thank you for the fast reply. This is not really what I intended though.
The paragraph I am copying is up to three pages long and already includes quite complex database driven formatting, several formattings in ITC demi, several in ITC book, some CAPS etc etc.
It would be very work intensive to reformat the whole thing all the time. I tried to do the same thing in pages and it converts the copied to "Avantgarde", hence understands that ITC is Avantgarde.

Thanks again.
OpenOffice 3.3
Mac OSX Snow Leopard, Lion