Replace an existing picture with another one

Discuss the presentation application
nabil

Replace an existing picture with another one

Post by nabil »

hi,
apologize if the question was already addressed, but i can see that with the OO-330, if i insert/replace an existing picture with another one, the size/dimension of the existing template picture are not propagated to the inserted picture.
is there a workaround and is there a particular reason for removing this feature?
thanks in advance, nabil.
OOo 330m20 linux Ubuntu 11.0.4 2.6.38-8-generic-pae #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 05:17:09 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
acknak

Re: replace an existing picture with another one

Post by acknak »

Sorry, there's no workaround; you just have to delete the old one and insert/style the new one.

No idea why it changed.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
nabil

Re: replace an existing picture with another one

Post by nabil »

thanks for the prompt reply. this does not make real sens to drop such a useful feature. do you know the reason behind this decision. can one expect to get it back?
and a last question: do you know the latest OOo stable tag for which this feature was functional?
thanks for your valuable help.
OOo 330m20 linux Ubuntu 11.0.4 2.6.38-8-generic-pae #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 05:17:09 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
acknak

Re: Replace an existing picture with another one

Post by acknak »

That kind of question is generally answered by the developers through the issue tracker. I know I've seen the issue mentioned there and I believe there is a request to provide the replace function again, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can try a search here; I know we've discussed it before. If you can find the forum thread, there may be a link to the issue in the tracker. Or, you can just try a search on the issue tracker itself: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions

However, with the shift of OOo to Apache and a new team of developers, I'd be surprised if the issue tracker is getting much attention these days.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
cpergantis

Re: Replace an existing picture with another one

Post by cpergantis »

Just drag the image over to the older image location in the document and the replacement will happen. I did not find any menu choices for this action.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10