Export to PDF: default path

Discuss the word processor
cruzer

Export to PDF: default path

Post by cruzer »

(I've searched the internet, documentation and this forum, but without success.)

In the past, when I exported to PDF, OpenOffice suggested me the current directory (where the opened document is located). After doing an update in the past months, it now always suggests me the path where I previously had exported a PDF file. How can I tell OpenOffice to suggest the current document's path again? Thanks in advance.

See also: superuser.com

Cruiser
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Export to PDF: default path

Post by Villeroy »

How can I tell OpenOffice to suggest the current document's path again?
On my Linux system it does. Tested with LibreOffice3.3 and OOo3.4 beta.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
cruzer

Post by cruzer »

Did you open documents from different directories by double-clicking them?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Yep. menu:File>Open and double-click in 2 different file managers.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Nikos

Post by Nikos »

I can confirm both of you (with LibO though):

OpenSuse: suggest current documents path
Win7: suggests path previously selected for export (irrespective of which document it was, that was exported). Quite annoying, especially if you frequently have to change between OS, like I do.
LibreOffice 4.0.5 on OpenSuse 12.3/64bit/KDE4.10 (Version from the TDF page) + LibreOffice 4.1.1 on Debian Wheezy/64bit/KDE4.8 + LibreOffice 4.1.1 on Win7/64bit
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

File access is always annoying under Windows as this forum proves almost every day. File name extensions are hidden by default although they are of major importance. First thing I noticed in Windows 7: Now they try to hide away the drive letters too although all the file systems are rooted in the old drive letters.
cruzer

Post by cruzer »

Well, it worked fine (even on Windows) in a previous version until I updated a couple of months ago (don't know the version number for which it worked). I always used it on Windows. Where should I report it as bug or RFE?
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Use the Libreoffice/Openoffice dialogs instead. Tools-->Options--->General.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
cruzer

Post by cruzer »

I'm using a file manager (Altap Salamander) where I double-click a .odt file. Hence I want to get the .pdf file in the same directory (so I don't need to search it anywhere on the disk).

If I had to use the LO/OO file open dialog, this would complicate the work-flow the same way as choosing the document's directory on pdf export.
Stang

Post by Stang »

Hi everyone. I too was bothered by this problem, and "thomasjk" is right. But he isn't referring to the file > open dialogs. If you change the setting to use the LibreOffice or OpenOffice dialogs, it will save your PDF to the same path as the original document. If you use the Windows 7 export dialogs, it will save to the most recently used path.

I too prefer to have my PDF in the same path as the original document, and changing the setting to use the LO/OO dialogs brings this behaviour back. It won't matter whether you launch from Windows Explorer or another file management application - the PDF exporting path should always be the path of the original ODT file.
LibreOffice 3.3 on Windows 7/Vista