Error 1303

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Omicron

Error 1303

Post by Omicron »

(I did a search, and this question appeared a few times but there was no answers that worked)

I'm trying to install OpenOffice.org 3.3 on Windows 7 Starter, but I can't. When the installation get's to about 80 percent and it starts creating shortcuts, I get the following error:

Error 1303. The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\...\OpenOffice 3.3. The installation cannot continue. Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.

:( I had the same problem trying to install iTunes and never resolved that. I've tried running as administrator, installing Visual C++ runtime components but nothing works. Any ideas why this isn't working?
OpenOffice 3.3 not-yet-on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Error 1303

Post by RoryOF »

Right click on the Install file (or setup.exe) and select "Run as Administrator". This changes the file rights, not the User rights, which are already Adminstrator rights.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Try to read all of the post before you reply. I said I'd already tried running as administrator.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Omicron wrote:Try to read all of the post before you reply. I said I'd already tried running as administrator.
Fix it yourself if you won't READ MY post.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

I did. And you said right-click -> run as administrator and that's what I said I did, and it didn't work. Are you going to help or tell me things I already said?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

RoryOF wrote:Right click on the Install file (or setup.exe) and select "Run as Administrator". This changes the file rights, not the User rights, which are already Adminstrator rights.
You are already running as Adminstrator, which you said, and I noted, implied in "already Administrator rights". You need to elevate the file rights by doing what I suggested.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Why are you saying the same thing again? That's exactly what I did. If you're not going to help, don't post.

EDIT- when I said administrator rights, I meant the file and user.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Omicron wrote:Why are you saying the same thing again? That's exactly what I did. If you're not going to help, don't post.

EDIT- when I said administrator rights, I meant the file and user.
So now we are mindreaders?

If you don't want to see my posts, add me to your Enemies list in your Forum User Control Panel and you'll never see another of my posts. It is not any of my computers that is malfunctioning.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Omicron wrote:I did. And you said right-click -> run as administrator and that's what I said I did, and it didn't work. Are you going to help or tell me things I already said?
Ok, I was being a big unclear about administrator stuff on my first post, but I thought you would understand after the one quoted above. I won't add you to my Enemies list :)
Amenemhet

Post by Amenemhet »

A useful post then:

I ran into this issue installing 3.3 on a few computers at work.
Being logged in as an administrator or user with admin rights may sometimes not be enough. All local users here are admins, so I never even bothered checking, apart from W7 ones for obvious reasons W7 reasons :roll:
I wrote a script that updates many things and noticed on some machines, OO would be un-installed, but 3.3 was not installed.
You may need to right click setup.exe (the OO setup obviously) and select Run As.. now you need to deselect "Run this program with restricted access"

Hope this helps a few people
Open Office 3.3
apwall2

Post by apwall2 »

I messed around with this for a long time, and I could not get OpenOffice to install after a clean install of Windows 7.

There was only one user on the computer which was an Administrator, obviously.

I right-clicked the OpenOffice install file, and selected "Run as Administrator"....no luck

I used a TakeOwnership program to basically TakeOwnership of every file on the computer....no luck

Finally, I right clicked the Open Office install program: "Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe".
There click on the Compatiability Tab, at the bottom you should see "Privilege Level"...Check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator."
Below that, there is a box that says Compatibility for all users, I clicked that too and checked the run as administrator box here as well.

That really should be any different than "Run as Administrator" but it definitely was.

After that...it installed without issue!

Hope that helps someone!
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 / OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Mac