[Solved] Find Record by Date?

Creating and using forms
Dagmary

[Solved] Find Record by Date?

Post by Dagmary »

Hi. I'm new to OpenOffice and to database software. I'm learning a lot by trail and error.

One thing I can't figure out is why, in my form, I can search for any type of field data (name, number) and find that record, but when I search for a date in a date field, it tells me there are no records. Is there a secret to using "Find Record" to search for a date?

Thanks.

Dagmar
Last edited by Dagmary on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 on Windows XP Profressional
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Find Record by Date?

Post by Villeroy »

ISO dates work for me.
YYYY-MM-DD
2011-04-30
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Dagmary

Post by Dagmary »

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and it told me there were no such records. I tried putting in the date on the record I was on and it told me there were no records to return.

Dagmar
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Select the table, right-click>Edit...
Is the date field a date field actually?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Dagmary

Post by Dagmary »

In the table, Field type is Date [Date].

Is this correct?

Dagmar
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

If this is correct or not depends entirely on you. You are the database designer.
Anyhow, the field type is Date and 2011-04-08 finds today's date in a date field, regardless of office version, language settings, column format, searching, filtering or querying. ISO dates rock.
Dagmary

Post by Dagmary »

Villeroy wrote:If this is correct or not depends entirely on you. You are the database designer.
I'll rephrase: Does this match your inquiry? But it doesn't matter because...
Villeroy wrote:Anyhow, the field type is Date and 2011-04-08 finds today's date in a date field, regardless of office version, language settings, column format, searching, filtering or querying. ISO dates rock.
...this works to find the record. Excellent. Thank you!

Dagmar

Edit: I believe I was using: YYYY/MM/DD when I tried this a few posts above. The dash seems to make the difference.
eddoty

Post by eddoty »

Villeroy wrote:If this is correct or not depends entirely on you. You are the database designer.
Anyhow, the field type is Date and 2011-04-08 finds today's date in a date field, regardless of office version, language settings, column format, searching, filtering or querying. ISO dates rock.
I'm using Windows 10 with Open Office 4.1.5 and am having the same issues. None of the suggestions here have worked for me. Any other suggestions?
Open office 4.1.5
Windows 10