[Solved] Error: Could not create Java implementation loader

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Nocton
Volunteer

[Solved] Error: Could not create Java implementation loader

Post by Nocton »

I have recently updated to OO 3.3.0. I then updated the Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1 to rev 2 - see http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =6&t=38591. This has worked fine on two PCs, one running Windows XP and one Windows 7.
I have just now tried to do the same thing on another user's PC, running Windows 7, and get the error: "Could not create Java implementation loader".
Looking in this forum and more generally on the web, this problem has been seen before. However, none of the solutions offered have solved the problem for the user. The JRE is 1.6.0_24.
It is very frustrating as the updater seems to have partially overwritten the earlier version of the extension, so that neither the old version nor the new can be used, meaning that no reports can be created.
Has anyone got a solution to this problem, please?

Nocton
Last edited by Nocton on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Error: Could not create Java implementation loader

Post by Hagar Delest »

Does it help: [Solved] Unable to install the eVoice extension?

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

No, Hagar, I have checked and that is not the problem.
One point of difference I note between a PC where everything works OK and the one with the problem:
In the Java section of OO Tools, in the list of 'Java runtime environments already installed' none are checked in the PCs that are OK, but in the problem PC the first one is checked - it is 1.6.0_24, which is the latest version of Java. There seems no way to uncheck all the JREs to make it like the other PCS. Is this important/relevant?

Nocton
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

On the top of the /Tools / Options / .... / Java screen. untick the check box at the top to "Use a Java runtime environment". You may need to restart OpenOffice (including Quickstarter) to be sure that this has taken.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

On the top of the /Tools / Options / .... / Java screen. untick the check box at the top to "Use a Java runtime environment".
This was a solution I read about on an earlier post. I have tried it, but it did not have any effect. Maybe I did not do it correctly. After unticking the check box, what should I do next? Following the earlier post I restarted OO and ticked the check box again.

Nocton
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I'd restart OOo with the checkbox unticked, and see if that solved the problem.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

I am not at present able to access the problem PC, but on my/working PC without JRE ticked no reports can run without error and the SWITCHBOARD menu does not work either.
I don't see why it should make any difference, but I should perhaps have said that I am running a server mode system with data and program files separated.

Nocton
wdonne

Post by wdonne »

I have the same issue with the ODFToEPub extension, which needs Java. I use the JRE 1.6.0_22 that comes with OOo 3.3, but that doesn't change anything.

Best regards,

Werner.
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.6
pavel

Post by pavel »

I had the same issue with OpenOffice 3.3 and Itadaki extension. Switched back to 3.2.1 and it works fine now. Hope it gets fixed.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

I have now had time to get to the other user's PC and investigate the problem in the light of the comments received.
To recap the problem, I had upgraded the PC from 3.2.1 to 3.3.0 and then tried to update Oracle Report Builder from 1.2.1 to 1.2.1 rev 2. At that point I got the "Could not create Java implementation loader" error and could neither update the extension nor remove it, nor would the old extension work - so no reports could be run from the database.

Unchecking and checking "Use a Java runtime environment" and exiting OO did not solve the problem. Provided that I rebooted after unchecking, I could then remove the Oracle Report extension. But when I tried to reload it the error appeared again.

I solved the problem by uninstalling OO 3.3.0, rebooting and then reinstalling. All my extensions were automatically picked up and installed, included Oracle report Builder. So pavel's solution of reverting to 3.2.1 was probably successful not because of reverting to 3.2.1 but because of reinstalling OO.

Regards and thank you for all advice

Nocton
wdonne

Re: [Solved] Error: Could not create Java implementation loa

Post by wdonne »

That didn't change anything for me. I then reverted to 3.2.1 and now I can't install any extension. It says:

"This media-type is not supported: application/vnd.sun.star.package-bundle1.30"

Werner.
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.6
depkelaw

Post by depkelaw »

I'm getting the same "This media type is not supported..." error. The error pops up right after the downloading of the extension is complete. Some more facts and background: I had successfully installed the extension on the newly released OO 3.3 (although I never got around to trying it out). In an attempt to eliminate instability in my database arising after the installation of 3.3, I rolled back to 3.2.0. This is where I'm at right now. I tried an earlier version of the extension too, but received the same "This media type is not supported..." error. The complete error message is.. "This media-type is not supported: application/vnd.sun.star.package-bundle1.2.10"
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Windows XP
Initial G

Post by Initial G »

Hope this helps in some way
I had the same prob, installed on 1 pc, worked fine
second pc, report builder didnt install correctly

started following the solutions (older oOo version, copy 3 folder from one to another), that didnt work

Then I removed all JAVA runtimes (at one moment I had version 1,18, 1,22 and 1,26 installed aparently), re-installed oOo 3.3 and JRE 6 update 22 and it worked straight from install.
So what I figure is it isnt a prob with oOo, but with the newest JRE version?
(But then, I could be wrong, as I am not a programmer)

ps: I am running on XP Pro SP3
oOo 3.3
Windows XP SP3
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

Possibly, you are right Initial G, but I am running Java 1.24. But I think your complete reinstall of OO, as I did to solve the problem, is probably the real answer.
BillllySamotar

Post by BillllySamotar »

Really final:
1) Install Java JRE (now 1.27)
2) Install OpenOffice 3.2
3) On the top of the /Tools / Options / .... / Java -> check box at the top to "Use a Java runtime environment"
4) Install Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1 to rev 2
5) Install OpenOffice 3.3.0 (no uninstall v 3.2)
6) Run Oo - check "Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1 to rev 2" -> Run
Finish. All good.

My OS Windows 7, Java JRE_1.27, OpenOffice 3.3.0 and Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1 to rev 2 -> ready all.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on WIndows XP
rcooper4

Post by rcooper4 »

I experienced the same problem. I spent many hours trying to rectify it to no avail. Report Writer was fine on two PC's running XP but I just couldn't get it to work on Windows 7. After many frustrating hours I gave up and installed LibreOffice. Problem fixed. It runs on every machine without any tweaking.
OOo 3.3, win 7
Mike9179

Post by Mike9179 »

Man, what a great idea - replace this bugged, file missing, unworkable software with LibreOffice.
I've been screwing around with this thing for over 6 hours now & no matter what I do it won't work.
The word processor is fine but that data base without a report generator is the major problem.
Why not include Java & report in the main program if this is giving us all the fits?
I refuse to uninstall it (and java) just to install it again to see if it works.
Better to uninstall this and install Libre.
Thanks for the tip - I'll pass it along.
Mike
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
outthere

Post by outthere »

yeah java error... sigh... looks like oo has issues linking to the installed java on the computer

so i clicked on tools/options and under the openoffice.org i expanded the selection
then clicked on Java which showed as emply in the environments box to the right
then clicked on the Add button to the right which populated the various java environments i have on this computer
selected the latest oracle corporation which is 1.7.0_07 and then clicked ok... restarted oo a few times and no more java error

gl ppl

edit***
restarted oo a few times to see if it was a fluke/test and each time i restarted oo there was no java error
Attachments
adding java environment to open office installation
adding java environment to open office installation
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows XP