Field type [Yes/No] boolean

Creating tables and queries
veer

Field type [Yes/No] boolean

Post by veer »

I am using Openoffice data base for the first time. I created a database and using to keep a track of the work done. Now, I have a problem with the field type [yes/No] Boolean. I have attached a image file of how it looks like when opened in a different computers. The first row first column in base 1 is same as the first row first column of the base2, but it is really confusing to use it that way (The blue solid block is replaced by the grayed out checked box in other). Is there a setting where I can change it ? I have tried everything I can, but could not findout. Any suggestions? and yes, we are using the same version (open office 3.2 on all the computers)

Copied base1 image from the reply of villeroy (moderater) from http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 51&start=0
Attachments
base 2.jpg
base 2.jpg (7.32 KiB) Viewed 9986 times
base 1.jpg
base 1.jpg (7.76 KiB) Viewed 9986 times
Last edited by veer on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open office version 3.2 ans the Operating system being used is windows 7
DACM
Volunteer

Re: Field type [Yes/No] boolean

Post by DACM »

veer wrote:...The database created is saved in a shared folder and every one of us use it.
If you're using an "Embbeded database" among several users simultaneously from a shared folder, then you're going beyond the design of that particular configuration. In that case, there's no fix because the follow-on users are limited to read-only database access -- which is reflected in various ways such as graying-out fields, controls, etc. In this case, the tri-state checkbox (Null, True, False) is most likely working according to design.

But there is a fix, if you're so inclined. I'm betting you'll get a consistent view (the dark blue bubble for Null checkboxes) when all users have read/write access to the underlying HSQL database. See the links in my signature block for information on migrating to a robust, client-server configuration for multi-user, read/write access.

Either way, make sure you're keeping regular backups because multi-user access to an "Embedded database" is the most risky (data-wise) approach we've seen in the forums.
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The boolean fields in the screenshots are triple-state. They can take 3 different values: On, Off and Null (empty). Make the field mandatory (not nullable) and the field will be on or off only.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
veer

Post by veer »

Hey Villeroy, I want it to be triple-state with null as blue bubble.

Thanks DACM for the links..Will look in to it.
Open office version 3.2 ans the Operating system being used is windows 7