[Solved] Template: how to set a sender different from user?

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Giancarlo

[Solved] Template: how to set a sender different from user?

Post by Giancarlo »

SOLVED I need to set up a letter template in which the sender is different from the "user" of OO. Apparently in the letter wizard it would be feasible, but it does not work. Replacing manually "user" works for the firs page, the following do use the "user" again in the headers. Can anyone suggest how? Thanks!
Last edited by Giancarlo on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: templ:how to set a sender different from user?

Post by Hagar Delest »

You should use a field like user field) (hit CTRL+F2) that will pop up when you create a document from your template. Use also that field in the other pages.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Giancarlo

Post by Giancarlo »

Indeed I have used this technique (set a variable to the new name of the sender and insert it where needed) but it is somewhat lengthy. I don't know if it works when replacing also the address (so many vars..) . In the Wizard -->letter---> point N° 4 of the sequence at "Recipient and Sender" you have "New sender address" where a sender different from the main user could be inserted. But it does not work. It seems odd. For simple replacements the vars method works OK, but...
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Well, it works fine for me (with the 2.4 RC1): when I enter a new sender, new user fields are created. Can you detail what is wrong? or upload an file sample here?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Giancarlo

Post by Giancarlo »

OK, it works, Thanks.