[Solved] Backup OOo Basic Standard Library

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
dstockman12

[Solved] Backup OOo Basic Standard Library

Post by dstockman12 »

Greetings:

I have many OOBasic macros/modules in the Standard Library (Win XP Pro, OO3.21). How can I back these up? I am not able to find the actual file for the Standard Library so that I can save a copy to an external drive and the Organizer does not allow me to export a copy of the Standard Library (ghosted). I backup the OO databases (that live in My Documents sub folders) to an external drive regularly. I am worried that given I have the modules in the standard library, these modules do not get saved with the database. Can someone offer some guidance? Thanks.

Doug
Last edited by dstockman12 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FJCC

Re: Backup OOBasic Standard Library

Post by FJCC »

I depends which Standard library you are referring to. If it is the one associated with the document, it is stored within the document. If it is the one in My Macros, then the path to it is something like
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\basic\Standard
Be aware that the Application Data folder is hidden, so you will have to make hidden folders visible. It is a good idea to back up the entire
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user
folder. It is your user profile and contains all your personal settings.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Re: Backup OOBasic Standard Library

Post by B Marcelly »

Hi,
Use the attached document. It contains macros. Read the text and click the hyperlinks of the text.
Your Standard macros and dialogs will be saved in the document. You can restore them later on your PC or on another OpenOffice installation.
StandardExportImport_en.odt
The Standard backup tool
(16.15 KiB) Downloaded 697 times
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1
Greengiant224

Re: Backup OOo Basic Standard Library

Post by Greengiant224 »

You can make a backup of your users profile , which includes your standard macro's folder by using this tool .

Take a look in the Tutorials forum for the links

Always make a backup of your important files. You may never know when you need them ! !

Win 7, Portable AOO 4.1.14, LibreOffice 6.2, 7.4.5 & 7.6.1 (Java 1.7.81 & 1.8.0_281) utilising HSQL 1.8.10 & 2.4.*, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
+ Blood, Sweat and Tears (Application, Determination and Perseverance)
dstockman12

Re: Backup OOo Basic Standard Library

Post by dstockman12 »

Thanks everyone!!! I feel safer already. I make a backup of My Documents every 1-2 wks to an external drive, but not of my entire working hard drive. Backing up the User folder is what I needed. Thanks. I will mark as solved.

Does anyone know if this information is in the OO3 Help files? I could not find the info. Maybe it can be added, or the search terms can be expanded. I think I tried: Path, Libraries, Macros, Standard Library.

Doug