[Solved] Text Box

Discuss the word processor
confused1

[Solved] Text Box

Post by confused1 »

Text Box: is this defined as an area that a writer can insert text beside previously written text? I have not found a definition of a text box.
I did discover that it cannot be used in the Word format but must be used only in the OOo format. That caused me several hours of confusion.
Now that I can make one, the problem is that the words do not show after I type them into the box. When I click outside the box they disappear. When I click on "T" in the toolbar, only then can I type into the text box, and only after I hit a key do the previously typed letters show.
Before I started using Open Office I used the text box in Word all the time. It's disappointing that it is so difficult to use a text box. Also, since it's so easy to convert to Word I have saved all my documents in Word because all my older docs are in Word format & they don't show up unless everything is in Word.
Last edited by confused1 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Text Box

Post by Bill »

Text boxes from Word become Text Frames in Writer. Use Insert > Frame instead of clicking the T on the Drawing toolbar.
confused1

Re: Text Box

Post by confused1 »

Thank you! It worked perfectly!
Al
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7