Sound in ooimpress

Discuss the presentation application
thoogeboom

Sound in ooimpress

Post by thoogeboom »

I just installed Ubuntu 7.04 on five computers used by volunteers working for Christian Reformed World Relief Committee - Disaster Response Services (CRWRC-DRS) in the Gulf Coast Region.

CRWRC-DRS has three PowerPoint instructional presentations for finishing drywall, painting and installing pre-hung doors, all with narration. I imported the presentations into OpenOffice 2.3 and saved them in the native .odp format. I made sure that Sun Java was installed on each computer.

Here's the strange part: the .odp shows have sound as long as they reside in the exact directory in which they were converted. If they are copied to a different directory, they will play, but without narration.

Even stranger, I converted all three presentations in the same directory, and now at least one of them switches to the narration of another about half-way through the presentation!

How does ooImpress save the sound? Is there a way to package the converted presentations so that I can simply copy them to the computers? How to I prevent one presentation from playing the narration of another?
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: Sound in ooimpress

Post by AndrewZ »

Is it really necessary to convert?

Here is a list of reported, open bugs classified as import/export bugs in Impress.. If there was a bug filed already, it may be marked closed (so not in the above list) because it was fixed for OpenOffice.org 2.3.1. Also, since you are using Ubuntu's OpenOffice.org, it has additional bugs, so you can check http://www.ubuntu.com .
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
thoogeboom

Post by thoogeboom »

Thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't find anything about this problem in either location.
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=84147

It happens in the mainstream version too, so I filed it. I suggest you use the PPT files in their original format without conversion.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP