X Ray add on Dialog Box defaults to unusable small size

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
cdub

X Ray add on Dialog Box defaults to unusable small size

Post by cdub »

Trying to go to OOo.Basic cold turkey from M$VBa....

Running Ubuntu 7.10 and OOo 2.3

I've got the XRay 5.2 add on macro "installed" and can run it, but the dialog that comes up for the program is maybe 1/5th the size it should be. It won't dynamically resize. Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried going into the macro and sure enough, the dialogs are too small in the dialog editor. I tried dragging them to resize them, then re-running the macro, but my changes don't seem to have an effect.

Going crazy without auto-completion, and could definitely use the hints of what's available.....

Any tips would be appreciated.
JohnV
Volunteer

Re: X Ray add on Dialog Box defaults to unusable small size

Post by JohnV »

Don't remember seeing this complaint before.

Are you saying that if you open, say a Writer document, and create just this macro you have very small result?

Code: Select all

Sub test
 xray ThisComponent
End Sub
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

JohnV wrote:Don't remember seeing this complaint before.
I gave XRay 5.2 two weeks ago a first try. I'm using OOo 2.3.1 on Windows XP. And I'm pretty sure that I had exactly the same problem: The size of the XRay window was very small as described above. But it happened not always and right now I cannot reproduce it.
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

I use both Win98 & W2k with my screen at 800 x 600 and don't have any complaint.

Beside the Displayed Object box are [<] [>] icons that will let widen the dialog. Perhaps that will help some.
cdub

Post by cdub »

yes, I go to Tools~macros~run
I run the "main" macro

The code is:

Sub Main
Xray ThisComponent
End Sub
Here is a screenshot of what comes up. I don't see any resize arrows.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

There should be a library "XrayDyn" with a single module "XXXray" having dynamic content for the configuration settings. On my system it includes this code on module

Function initialXrDialWidth As Long 
' width unit is Map, not pixel !
' the next instruction is dynamically built
initialXrDialWidth = 320 'xxxRay6
End Function
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Post by B Marcelly »

Hi,
The problem has been reported in the french forum. It is specific to Ubuntu own version of OpenOffice.

Replace it with a recent original release of OpenOffice.org for Linux. It should resolve your problem.
______
Bernard
cdub

Post by cdub »

Thank you for pointing that out. I would have never founded (don't know French)

I searched Ubuntu Launchpad and couldn't find anything, so I submitted a bug report. We'll see how that goes.....

Thank you,
cdub
cdub

Post by cdub »

I got a reply to my bug report at Ubuntu Launchpad

They have gotten reports of Compiz interfering with some macros. I have compiz enabled.

So, I disabled compiz, and now the X-Ray dialog comes up just fine. The problem is that if I disable compiz my system becomes unbearably slow. Like, when I type, the letters appear on the screen at a rate of about 1 per 1.5 to 2 seconds....

If someone has some command of French, perhaps they could share this tidbit with the users on the French forum.

This whole thing seems strange though (compiz interfering with macros and compiz and it's impact on my system...).
xscd

Post by xscd »

Thank you cdub for reporting and investigating this problem (xray extension dialog box opens at very small size). Because you did so, I was able to find this discussion thread with a little "googling" at Clusty.com.

I had the same problem (I use Ubuntu Linux 7.10 "Gutsy"), and same solution: I disabled desktop effects through System--> Preferences--> Appearance--> Visual Effects tab--> None, and that worked great; Xray's dialog now opens at the correct size.

Thanks again--

Steve
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

cdub wrote:So, I disabled compiz, and now the X-Ray dialog comes up just fine. The problem is that if I disable compiz my system becomes unbearably slow. Like, when I type, the letters appear on the screen at a rate of about 1 per 1.5 to 2 seconds....
BTW, why not install the official version instead of the Ubuntu one as proposed above? It should definitively fix your issue.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10