How to exit "design" view in Base

Discuss the database features
enraya

How to exit "design" view in Base

Post by enraya »

I am just starting to use OpenOffice Base, and I have created a very simple database. My problem is that whenever I open it, it has the interface which I should normally
have to edit the database. It has "add tables" options etc... I believe this is called "design view". I would like to know how to view it as if I were a user that is here to use it, NOT edit it.

PS: Would just like to know if it is possible to add a login screen for OpenOffice Base doc.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How to exit "design" view in Base

Post by Villeroy »

Base is hardly more than a bridge between databases and office documents. It is not even close to Access or any other database development environment.
"Design view" refers to the edit mode where you alter the definition of a table, query, form or report (right-click>Edit...).
The database window is the "login screen". All the rest depends on the actual database in use. If the database requires a login the user will be prompted for name and password.
There is also an switchboard extension for Base on extensions.openoffice.org
As another option you can put your input forms on stand-alone office documents and make these documents read-only.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice