Font Exception while accessing pdf converted from word

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
charlesvc

Font Exception while accessing pdf converted from word

Post by charlesvc »

Hi Experts,

I am here to raise a query that i succeeded in converting the word document to pdf using open office api from java, but now the problems remains as FontException while I viewing the pdf using acrobat viewer bean. It is alerting with Unrecognized Font Exception.

I researched on it and found PDF document won't support Arial or Times New Roman. But you know when I convert the same word document by reading using apache poi and writing using itext api it is registering font and able to view using the acrobat viewer bean. So I am concluding that openoffice api is not registering fonts such as Arial and Times New Roman which are not at all supported with the bare pdf docuemnt.

Can any expert revert back with a solution for this like before conversion how can we register fonts through open office api.

Thanking you
Charles v c
Hagar Delest

Re: Font Exception while accessing pdf converted from word

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi,

No need to PM moderators if your question hasn't been answered. Your question is rather specific. This is a user to user forum here so not all of us are experts in Java and API handling.

It seems that you've already got an answer here: Font Exception. But no answer yet on at least another forum (yes, Google is quite powerfull for searching).

I move the thread to the Java forum, perhaps you'll have more luck.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
charlesvc

Re: Font Exception while accessing pdf converted from word

Post by charlesvc »

ok anyway thank you for your reply