How to display and hide the slideshow with keyboard?

Discuss the presentation application
Charybdis

How to display and hide the slideshow with keyboard?

Post by Charybdis »

Hi,

I use Windows XP with OO 2.3.

I do screen recording, and I switch several times during the recording between my running slideshow, and between other running programs.

But the problem is, I have to use Alt+Tab to switch between the appliactions. And it looks unprofessional in the final video. Or I had to cut those part out where I used Alt+tab.

But this would help me: Is there a shortcut I can show/hide my running slideshow with? I would like to run the slideshow full-screen. Then I need a shortcut which I can press, then Impress would hide the slideshow, and my other programs would appear. Then I could press an other shourtcut, and Impress would display the slideshow again. Is this possible? Then it would eliminate Alt+Tab. Thanks!
chromium

Re: How to display and hide the slideshow with keyboard?

Post by chromium »

On Linux I would suggest running Impress on your second desktop. Then you could switch at any time to the desktop where the other programs are running using <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<left>
Charybdis

Post by Charybdis »

Yes, on Linux it's a perfect solution. But I have to use Windows. Can't I create multiple desktops in XP?
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes, there are freewares for that. Google should find some relevant applications. I had used one of them some time ago but can't remember which one.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

In Windows, can you not still switch to the editing window using Alt+Tab, while the show is running full screen? I know Alt+Tab works in Linux in that situation, although it's not usable if the show runs automatically because the full-screen show keeps taking over the screen.

If Alt+Tab doesn't work, can you run the show in a window (Slide Show > Slide Show Settings > Type = Window)?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Charybdis

Post by Charybdis »

Alt+Tab works, if I choose in OO Slideshow > Settings > Do not show slideshow always on top. (My user interface is not in English, so these arent the exact words, but there is such an option).

I can run it in window, but it keeps the menubar, and I dont know how to disable the menubar in slideshow. But this would solve my problem.

Or is there a way in Windows to minimize a full-screen application (with keyboard)?