How do I uninstall OpenOffice.org 3.2 from Windows 7

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
alnorman

How do I uninstall OpenOffice.org 3.2 from Windows 7

Post by alnorman »

Uninstall not fixed. I have read through the posts and I’m still not able to uninstall Open Office. When I try to uninstall I get the Wizard that says exit open office and the Quickstarter. I see the shortcut in the tool bar and right click but there is no option to exit quick starter. When I open the task manager there are no files called soffice.bin or soffice.exe. These files do appear when the program is running. When I stop them the program shuts down and then I have the same uninstall program. I tried renaming those files then uninstalling but that didn’t work either. I had the 3.2 on Vista and it uninstalled no problem but I just can’t get it off windows 7. Is there a way to uninstall this program?
open office 3.2, windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: How do I uninstall Open office 3.2 from windows 7

Post by thomasjk »

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/02/2 ... n-failure/
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
assbutt

Re: How do I uninstall OpenOffice.org 3.2 from Windows 7

Post by assbutt »

If there's no soffice or swriter process to kill, the installer is just messed up.

Try uninstalling the old version before installing a new one.

When I did Uninstall from Add/Remove Programs, it said OO or the quickstarter was running, but they weren't. There may be a bug in the installer for 64-bit Windows 7.

Instead I did Change and the Repair radio button, then Change and the Remove radio button. This successfully removed OO when the Add/Remove Programs "Remove" button didn't.
OpenOffice 3.3 on RHEL 5