Scanner Twain

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
grundy32

Scanner Twain

Post by grundy32 »

Installed an HP ScanJet G4050 Twain Scanner--works fine using W7--also able to import pictures with it to Adobe Photoshop CS3. However when I try it with Open Office & get to scan/source nothing shows up--Open Office does not find the scanner. thanks bob
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + vista
Hagar Delest

Re: Scanner Twain

Post by Hagar Delest »

Basically, better use a dedicated application like a picture manager (I use XnView, available in English), save in the proper format (.png or .jpg) and then insert it with the menu Insert>Picture>From file so that the original format is kept (else, a copy/paste generally results in a .png file which can heavily increase the file).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
williams226

Re: Scanner Twain

Post by williams226 »

Hi

I have the same problem.

We use an Olivetti MF25 scanner copier etc. Its an old machine now, I use a generic twain driver v3 to scan. With openoffice 3.2.1 the scanner worked fine.

When the update to 3.3 came out, my colleague updated his. The scanner then had the problem where the device is not listed in View => insert => Picture => scanner => select source

My colleague who did the update switched over to libreoffice after this problem where I stayed on openoffice 3.2.1.

He recently updated his libreoffice to a newer version. He edited a password protected file and saved it. Now I cant open the password protected file. After reading the net the password protection system has all changed... something to do with AES encryption. So I have now updated my openoffice to version 3.4. This solved the file open issue, but now my scanner is now not listed.

I can use the windows scan program to scan in documents, save the image & insert into openoffice. I can also use serif pageplus, photoimpact and other software to scan and save without any problems. Serif can export as PDF, and I have also installed CutePDF to print a document as a PDF.

What I would like to do is to use openoffice writer to scan and save as PDF. I have looked to try and find a solution for this but have not been unable to.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7