Convert doc file to wps

Not sure where to post? Post here!
hgj

Convert doc file to wps

Post by hgj »

I use OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04. I create documents for my clients but they want the documents to be in wps format. How do I save the doc files I create in wps format? OR How do I convert doc files to wps?
I use OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04. I need to save doc files of a client to wps format. How do I convert (or save as) doc to wps format?
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: doc file to wps

Post by Zizi64 »

How do I convert doc files to wps?
I have some idea:

1. The OOo is a cost free, opensource office suite. Convince your clients so that they can use. (After all, they already used an another free software also: the PDF reader...)

2. Save the document to .rtf filetype. I think MSworks can it open. (Always save your document into ODF (.odt) format, and at end of editing save - if necessary - into another format! Always open for re-editing the ODF file!)
Do not use complex formatting in an .rtf file!

3. When the documents not needed to edit by clients, you can export it to .pdf format. (Almost every computer has a free pdf reader software.)

4. Use a doc2wps converter (I not tried it) for example: http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/doc-2-wps.html
(nota bene: When you many times convert a document (odt/doc/wps), that means the greater possibility of error.
When you save your document into only .doc format, then will happen too 1 times an odt / doc conversion.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: doc file to wps

Post by Hagar Delest »

Beware that RTF support is very flaky in OOo. Better avoid it as much as possible.

The online site zamzar.com has some conversion capabilities IIRC.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Convert doc file to wps

Post by TheGurkha »

Zamzar can do this I think.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust