Fraud

Not sure where to post? Post here!
audielma

Fraud

Post by audielma »

I ordered and paid for open office several months ago. I have been unable to download the program on my Windows 98 desktop. I have tried numerous times to contact some kind of customer support by e-mail and by phone. I have been hung up on, talked rudely to, and even threatened by the customer support staff. you know, the one that says they have excellent customer service! I am not happy. can anyone help me? all I get on the phone are some foreigners that can not even speak english... please help!

Edited to remove All Caps (TheGurkha, Moderator).
openoffice 3.1 vista
FJCC

Re: Fraud

Post by FJCC »

OpenOffice.org is free and should always be downloaded through the site www.OpenOffice.org. The people you are dealing with have mostly likely simply taken your money with no intention of providing any service or product. There are many such scams preying on people searching for OpenOffice.org. I don't believe there is much that can be done about it.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
audielma

Post by audielma »

So any suggestions of how to download it for free on windows 98 then. cuz I only found a spot where I had to pay!
openoffice 3.1 vista
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Since you have windows 98 you can't use V3.2 but 2.4.3 is available here http://archive.services.openoffice.org/ ... ble/2.4.3/. You want either of the Wintel32 installs with or without JRE. Some of the older versions are also available here http://filehippo.com/download_openoffice/. All for free.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

As Thomasjk said for locations.

You should contact your credit card company for a refund.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
audielma

Post by audielma »

Thanx so much for everyones help. I am new to this and I appreciated your help soooo much.
openoffice 3.1 vista