[Solved] Macro to read serial port and write to OOo Calc

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
migalhas

[Solved] Macro to read serial port and write to OOo Calc

Post by migalhas »

hy... I would like to know if anyone could help me winth macros...
I want to read data from serial port to write that data into a file of OOocalc..
I already surch into the forum but i don't find anything related to what i want and I already know a few of reading the serial port but I couldn't find something related to write data to a file...If someone knows how to copy data from a file to another I will be very hapy and grateful...I realy need the code because it's for my job and not only to my own fun...
I use the OOo 3.2 in Windows XP...

Grateful for any reply......
Last edited by migalhas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.2 installed in Windows XP
ms777
Volunteer

Re: Macro to read serial port and write to OOo Calc

Post by ms777 »

Hi,

see http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... f=20&t=682 for handling the serial port.

For writing to disc, see the doc on SimpleFileAccess, or browse this and the old forum ...

Good luck,

ms777
migalhas

Post by migalhas »

thanks for the reply, but you don't give me any information I didn't already know ... I had already seen your topic and it was useful to me because of the code, nothing more, you do not even say if we put the code in the source data or in the macro, I say this because the code in the macro give an error (an error in any one conversation, I have no idea ).... the simplefileaccess has nothing to do with what I want, I do not want access to any file or anything like that, I just want to export the information from the serial port to a file in openoffice calc, the problem is that there aren't many people who work with the Basic language and information that exists about serial ports linked to the openoffice is very very low, and as if not enough, I need to do that only in Basic, not in C+ neither C++ neither VB neither anything more, just basic... It was because of your response that I sent you a private message, i though you know more about Basic language, especially how the serial port works with openoffice...

once again, thanks for the reply....
OOo 3.2 installed in Windows XP
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.