Important Writer Document corrupted

Discuss the word processor
justinhalflife

Important Writer Document corrupted

Post by justinhalflife »

I'm writing an important paper for my final in university, and my computer crashed. I saved it right before, thank fully, but when I recovered it it gave me this screen: ASCII filter options, and when I open the document it is ALL ###################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################### on repeat. Can anyone help, this paper is due tomorrow ;/
Windows XP, SP 3, OO 3.2
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows XP SP3
acknak

Re: Important Writer Document corrupted

Post by acknak »

Sorry, but your document is most likely gone.

Modern systems take a while before your data are safely recorded on the disk, even after you close the file. The delay might be a few seconds on a desktop, or longer on a laptop that tries to conserve power by turning off the hard drive.

You can attach your document here and someone can take a look at it to be sure, but typically the '#'s mean that the document contains no data to recover (see 22 page term paper replaced with pound signs).
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23