[Solved] How to add several subform?

Discuss the database features
Maria_1980

[Solved] How to add several subform?

Post by Maria_1980 »

HI everyone,
I would be pleased if anyone could help me. I am new in databse, The database I am working on has got lots of details so I decided to divide each table to the smaller table, for example I described my employee table with 4-5 foregin key. the problem is i dont know how to make a 4-5 subform in a form? I did create the relationship between the table but whenever i start to make a subform the only active option for me is adding one form in manual selection.
Any idea?

Thanks
Last edited by Maria_1980 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows Vista in a laptop that I usually work on it and I also use a Linux on a PC. Open Office Base 3.0.1
RPG
Volunteer

Re: How to add several subform?

Post by RPG »

Hello

I think you can find here an answer.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Maria_1980

Post by Maria_1980 »

Thank you.
Windows Vista in a laptop that I usually work on it and I also use a Linux on a PC. Open Office Base 3.0.1
Maria_1980

Post by Maria_1980 »

Here is the short version of the answer of my question:
1. Create one main form with one subform
2. Open the form in the edit mode
3. Create one new subform in the form navigator then Rightclick, Properties, select the table/query name and then fill the master and Slave field.
4. Add required field through Add Filed.

The only problem I left is in giving fields tab order. Any Idea?
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

As far as I've found out, one can only define tab-order per (sub-)form. It looks like that one jumps from last field of a form to the first one of a sub-form and than to again to the sub-sub-form, but I've a form that I never got right for the inter-form navigation.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

The order of the forms and subforms give always problems for me to. One time I did use this solution.
I made a new mainform and move there all forms to.
Then I moved back the forms to the place I need and in the order I want have they must be accessed. The order was not for tabbing but one form must be get focus when the form was open.
For me this was working. Not only in one document but in more. When you want test it with a complex form made a copy.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Maria_1980

Post by Maria_1980 »

Hi,
To "RPG", I tried your solution but couldnt get the result as you did.
I solved my problem as follow:
1. Disable the navigation bar for each subfom.
2. turn the Cycle (subform, properties, data) for form and subform to the active record.
by this setting you will have a cycle in each subform.
datajet

Re: [Solved] How to add several subform?

Post by datajet »

In order to make the Tab order work correctly. Open the form Navigator. Select the subform in question. Select the Data tab. At the bottom there will be "Cycle" set it to "Current Page" and the tab items in it will work in overall order you select. Give each item that is being tabbed to an individual number, regardless of form or subform. No duplicates is the key. For example,

Form -- Description -- TAB#
Main -- Item 1 -- 1
Main -- Item 2 -- 2
Sub1 -- Item 1 -- 3
Main -- Item 3 -- 4
Sub1 -- Item 2 -- 5
Sub2 -- Item 1 -- 6

You CANNOT use the "ACTIVATION ORDER" button EVER! It will reset each form and subform to start at 1 when it is opened. Each tabstop must be set manually.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
Maria_1980

Re: [Solved] How to add several subform?

Post by Maria_1980 »

Thank you datajet.