[Solved] How do I stop OOo from predicting text

Discuss the word processor
Bigbaka

[Solved] How do I stop OOo from predicting text

Post by Bigbaka »

For some reason in open office whenever i type I always get blue boxes coming up in front of me suggesting text. I'm not really sure if this is an OOo thing, or coming from some other program, but it is quite irritating. If I press enter on any piece of suggested text it puts that whole word into the document, which on occasion can mean I accidentally get a completely different word to what I intended. While I guess it is designed to make typing potentially faster, my typing is already quite quick and I find the suggestions to simply be a nuisance that distracts me from the actual word I intend to write. I would love to be able to turn this feature off, but after much googling I couldn't find anything about this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
BB
Last edited by Bigbaka on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.2 - Ubuntu 8.10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How do I stop OOo from predicting text

Post by Villeroy »

Ctrl+Tab lets you select the wanted entry in the word completion list. Esc cancels the suggestion for now.
You get more control over this feature and you can turn it off in Tools>AutoCorrect, tab:Word Completion
I find it not annoying when used as tool-tip.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice