[Solved] Combobox and controls in forms

Creating and using forms
rickyd

[Solved] Combobox and controls in forms

Post by rickyd »

I'm brand new to OOo but not new to programming.

I am used to C# and Visual Basic in Visual Studio to write on Desktop & mobile phone.

I'd like to know where can I see all methods & properties I can use in a Basic macro.

I've managed to get addItem working but I'm flying blind trying to do stuff like clear the item list before I populate it.

Is there a reference tool for all controls we can put on a form for at least the methods & properties?
The help isn't very useful when it comes to writing macros.

I'm usng OOo 3.2 running on Windows XP Home.

any help is appreciated.

regards, Ricky

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by rickyd on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows Home
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Combobox - please help

Post by Villeroy »

Yesterdays topic: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 00#p133877 (and hundreds more)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
rickyd

Post by rickyd »

ummm... I downloaded MRI.

I don't know how to get the info on combobox.

regards, Ricky
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Without some level of programming expertise you won't get anywhere. This is not VBA.
ttrecker wrote:UNO is steeped deeply in complex structure, as it simply has to be in order to address the complex problem of a remote, cross-platform office suite. However, Sun has done a pretty good job of documenting it from the development side-- at least as far the "First Steps" go, anyway. I highly recommend to all OOo Basic developers that they run through the following developers tutorial:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... irst_Steps
I use to run rather complex database forms without a single line of code.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
rickyd

Post by rickyd »

what? How the heck can I find out about the combobox. Or anything? What you said is NOT helpful in any way
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Bind some control event to Basic "My Macros">MRILib>Module1>Mri and see. Element "Source" of the event struct reflects the calling object.
MRI is linked to the API reference of the currently inspected object when the MRI configuration points to your prefered web browser. MRI comes with its own F1 help.

http://development.openoffice.org/ links many thousands of pages from dozends of different sources.
rickyd

Re: Combobox and controls in forms

Post by rickyd »

I have discovered Xray and am using it.

It also allows me to go to the SDK for the property, method, service or interface.

Does MRI allow you do that? I haven't found how if it does.

regards, Ricky
rickyd

Post by rickyd »

I found out how to do it with MRI. I had to point it to my IE browser to work.

regards, Ricky
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I used XRay thankfully for many years but MRI is a technical progress. I don't see any XRay feature that is not in MRI.

- MRI is linked to the online reference. No need to download the SDK, but I think you can point MRI to a local SDK as well (tools>configuration...)
- MRI has a tiny search tool for its own window (bottom-right corner)
- MRI comes with a help section in the F1-help
- It records really useful code snippets while you browse the object hierarchy. Pull up the bottom window border or hit Ctrl+H. It can do so in many languages, not only Basic.
- MRI lets you browse nodes with getByIndex(X) and getByName(X). It promts you for the index or name of the thing you want to see. In XRay you need to cancel, write code and start again.
- I use it often without writing any code, starting from the Tools menu in any application.
- It works non-modal so you can still use the office and you can use many MRI windows. The tool can even compare contents of two MRI windows (file>diff) and dump into a spreasheet(file>output)
- MRI can set values, so you can do things that are not implemented in the GUI or you can test the effect of some setting.