Every derived table must have its own alias

Discuss the database features
stmarco

Every derived table must have its own alias

Post by stmarco »

Hello,

i'm working with the sun report builder version 1.2.0 and have the following problem

to populate the report i use this query to a MySQL database:
SELECT "user" AS "user", "werk" AS "werk", "DTSTART" AS "DTSTART","DTEND" AS "DTEND", TIMEDIFF(TIME(DTEND),TIME(DTSTART)) AS "TIMEDIF" FROM "werktimer" WHERE "DTEND" > '2001-01-01 00:00:00' ORDER BY "werk", "DTSTART"

this query works when i open it but when i want to launch the report i get the error: Every derived table must have its own alias

can anyone help me with this?
is there an alternative to the Sun Report Builder?

thanks

Marco
OpenOffice 3.2 with MacOS 10.6.3
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Every derived table must have its own alias

Post by Villeroy »

Alternatives to SRB:
- Disable the extension, restart the office and use the "classical" report wizard.
- Drag your row set into arbitrary Writer documents and import a data copy as plain text or text table.
- Drag your query or table into a spreadsheet. Calc provides sufficient capabilities for a clean print layout, cell based formatting, additional formulas and charts.
- Create a data pilot (cross table) in Calc. Calc-menu:Data>Pilot>Start... "From registered data source"
[Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc
Using the DataPilot
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

What happens when you create a simple report in SRB directly from the table 'werktimer' or is 'werktimer' a query you defined in Base as well? In that case you might change your SQL to:

Code: Select all

SELECT X."user" as "user", ...
FROM "werktimer" X 
WHERE X."DTEND" ....
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
stmarco

Post by stmarco »

The problem only occurs when you want to group in SRB. when you don't group there is no problem (for now)

i explored the option to put the query in a spreadsheet, here i could construct a formula that gave me the sum of the time values i needed, so i think i will go that way.

my original query was of the form select X."user" as "user" ... but this gave the same error.

thanks all for the answers
OpenOffice 3.2 with MacOS 10.6.3