[Solved] Inserting current date or time

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Ricashea

[Solved] Inserting current date or time

Post by Ricashea »

Is there a macro or an add on that can be used to insert the current date/time into a spreadsheet cell?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged as solved
OPENOFFICE 3.1 ON WINDOWS XP
RoryOF

Re: Inserting current date or time

Post by RoryOF »

You can do it directly by Insert / Function / Category Date & Time
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
okjhum

Post by okjhum »

Thank you, but I wouldn't call this "directly", as there are several clicks to finish it. Is there a keyboard shortcut for a time stamp, as in Excel? (Ctrl+-)
I don't seem to manage to create one myself, because I only get to the "Insert function", not the function itself =NOW()
On second thoughts - it's not the function etiher, that I want, it's just the time stamp. Otherwise it will change every day...
Any help will be appreciated. /Olle
Windows 10: Apache OpenOffice v 4.1.9 (Build:9805) - Rev 561082130a (Date 2021-01-08 16:08)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

There are two choices for the Insert / Fields/ Other / Date - fixed and variable; there are also formatting choices. Fixed is the time of insertion and doesn't change, variable is time of latest update. I use this so rarely that I don't know about making it into a stamp.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
rwlayman

Post by rwlayman »

I searched on this topic but didn't find a recent post that addresses my question. I am a spreadsheet novice but I want to make an activity log Where each column is a new log entry (record) that includes about 20 rows of data entry cells. I would like the top cell of each column (record) to automatically get an absolute date/time stamp whenever any data is entered in any other cell in that column. I'ts ok if it recalculates the timestamp in the top cell each time any data is added to that column. Otherwise it should not change. In other words, it should automatically show the last date/time that any data was last entered in that particular column/record.

Its seems this would be a common need in data entry logs, so I hope someone has done a macro/formula for it.

Richard
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Windows 7
mriosv
Volunteer

Post by mriosv »

LibreOffice 3.5.4 AOo-3.4 on Win 7 Ultimate
rwlayman

Post by rwlayman »

Thanks!

Richard