[Solved+Issue] OOo connection problem on Mac OSX 10.6.2

Java, C++, C#, Delphi, ??? - Using the UNO bridges

[Solved+Issue] OOo connection problem on Mac OSX 10.6.2

Postby WolfgangG » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi,
My program (Java) tries to connect to OOo but in the debugger it just jumps to the end of the function without throwing an exception and in the system console there is a message that a library could be wrong:

---
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/bin/java[73984] dlopen(/Applications/OpenOffice.org.app/Contents/basis-link/ure-link/lib/libjpipe.jnilib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/OpenOffice.org.app/Contents/basis-link/ure-link/lib/libjpipe.jnilib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
---

The program uses the SDK 3.2 and OOo is also 3.2.

I have then installed the OOo-Dev_DEV300_m75 developer snapshot version and the SDK_DEV300_m74 and have adapted the options in the NetBeans plugin. With these settings I have created a new project in NetBeans, that contains already the call
XComponentContext xContext = Bootstrap.bootstrap();
When I simply execute the new project in the debugger I get the same error as above.

There is an Issue 107648 concerning the Apple Remote code in Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and 10.6.2.
This issue could be related to the problem and will probably be fixed in OOo 3.2.1, but I don't know if the fix is in the snapshot.
The other snapshot OOO320_m14 is not present on the download page.

It seems that the error message on the system console is a follow-up of another error, because the library libjpipe.jnilib is of the right architecture (i386).

Does someone know if this is possibly fixed in the next minor or major release ?

Wolfgang
Last edited by WolfgangG on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.2
WolfgangG

Re: OOo connection problem on Mac OSX 10.6.2

Postby WolfgangG » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Solution:
Java VM must be run in 32 bit (JVM option -d32), see Issue 110543.

Wolfgang
OOo 3.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.2
WolfgangG

Re: [Solved+Issue] OOo connection problem on Mac OSX 10.6.2

Postby basil.bourque » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Linkage for your convenience: Issue 110543.

And here's the 'java' command line that worked for me when running the first UNO example, FirstUnoContact.
Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
java -d32 -jar /Users/your_name_goes_here/Documents/workspace/FirstUnoContact/build/FirstUnoContact.jar FirstUnoContact

To do the same thing in Eclipse Indigo, select the project, click and hold the Run button to get a menu, and choose "Run Configurations". Click on the "Arguments" tab. In the "VM arguments" field type:
-d32

Hopefully somebody will update these UNO libraries to be 64-bit savvy on Mac OS X. In the meantime this limits our UNO-related Java apps to under 4 gigs of memory.
LibreOffice 3.5.0rc3 on Mac OS X 10.7.3
basil.bourque

Return to External Programs