Problems opening OpenOffice.org

Discuss the word processor
Fern01

Problems opening OpenOffice.org

Post by Fern01 »

I have been using OO for a few months now and have had no problems, however this past week when I have written a document with Writer, and saved it, as an Open Document Text, I cannot open it. I also am having problems opening the OpenOffice programme itself.
Please, any ideas of what could be the problem.?
Thanks.
Open Office 3.2
Windows XP
acknak

Re: Problems opening OpenOffice

Post by acknak »

You might need to re-install OOo--something may have gotten lost or damaged.

If that doesn't help, it might shed some light on the situation if you would attach here one of the documents you're having trouble with. You can use the "Upload Attachment" link (below the message entry area after you click "POST REPLY"). [Forum] How to attach a document here
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Re: Problems opening OpenOffice.org

Post by Hagar Delest »

Any specific event just before you noticed the change? Try also to reset your OOo user profile. But during the welcome process, don't transfer your personal data (if you had 2.x), former configuration files might corrupt the new profile.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Fern01

Post by Fern01 »

The problem is intermittent, this morning there are no problems opening the documents or OO. Seems strange that it's ok one day and not the next. :!: All the documents are saved as Open Document Text, yet some open while others don't. The document was too big to download,so it will need cropping, any ideas before I do this.?.
Thanks.
Open Office 3.2
Windows XP
acknak

Post by acknak »

The document was too big to download,so it will need cropping, any ideas before I do this.?.
How will you crop it if you can't open it? An intact file is better if we are to verify what (if anything) is wrong with the file.

How are you opening the document--from the desktop, or from File > Open?

Did you try a fresh settings profile?

You can upload a large file to any of the free file-sharing sites and then paste a link to it here.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23