[Solved] Auto alphabetically arrange

Discuss the word processor
loudog

[Solved] Auto alphabetically arrange

Post by loudog »

when using bullets how do you enable auto alphabetically arrange decending ?

loudog :roll:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: auto alphabetically arrange

Post by foxcole »

Are you talking about using a lettered numbered list instead of bullets? Or are you talking about arranging the text inside the bullets? If the former, I don't think it can be done; if the latter, why would you want that in a bulleted list?

That said, you could "fake it" by creating a two-column table, the first column for the bullets or letters (just apply the paragraph style you want; it should repeat with each new row you create), the second holding the list. You can sort a table ascending or descending by any column you want.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
acknak

Post by acknak »

It's not automatic, but you can sort a bulleted list directly, it doesn't have to be in a table.

Just select the list items and do Tools > Sort. Ignore the sort fields (except to set descending order)--Writer will sort by the text at the beginning of each list item.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

acknak wrote:It's not automatic, but you can sort a bulleted list directly, it doesn't have to be in a table.

Just select the list items and do Tools > Sort. Ignore the sort fields (except to set descending order)--Writer will sort by the text at the beginning of each list item.
I guess I should have followed my instincts and tried it first. :)
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
loudog

Post by loudog »

Well was thinking of a numbered list that I could type in and the text would automatically be in alphabetical order. :D I have a bit of the list typed out already and will try these suggestions. Unfourtunatly one of the drawbacks of learning a new program is you also need to learn how to ask the question ;) (thinking back to my learning linux days and the forum there).
thanks
loudog :roll: