Creating tables and queries
Jean-Pierre Gastaud

[Solved] I can't open tables

Post by Jean-Pierre Gastaud »

I have several data bases. None is working
I get this message :
"a connection for the following URL was requested : sdbc:embedded:hsqldb"
thank you for help
Last edited by Jean-Pierre Gastaud on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: I can't open tables

Post by DrewJensen »

Hi,

Is there a second part to that error message - usually a button that in English says 'more'?
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
Jean-Pierre Gastaud

DrewJensen wrote:Hi,

Is there a second part to that error message - usually a button that in English says 'more'?
No, the base opens, when I try to click on 'Tables" the first message is in french (I am french) it says :" impossible d'établir une connexion avec la base de données "base name". Impossible d'établir une connexion à la source de données externe : le pilote SDBC n'a pu être détecté pour l'URL spécifié" The dialog box has an "options" button which opens a second dialog box where I found the english explanation quoted in my topic.
Last edited by Jean-Pierre Gastaud on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

OK - was it working before and just stopped.

When you open the Base file the connection to the database engine is not automatically created, that is when you click on the table icon, or open a form for data input. Where you able to do that before and then perhaps add a new table before closing it this last time?
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
Jean-Pierre Gastaud

DrewJensen wrote:OK - was it working before and just stopped.

When you open the Base file the connection to the database engine is not automatically created, that is when you click on the table icon, or open a form for data input. Where you able to do that before and then perhaps add a new table before closing it this last time?
Thank you. I had an idea. Yesterday I tried to install a program (ComptaOne) and did not succeed (perhaps version not adapted to Vista ?). I thought that this could have damaged Ooo. So I removed and re-installed Ooo and now it works !